The pledge rests as a statement of our prime responsibility and beliefs as individuals within the organisation.
- My prime responsibility is to do my utmost to serve the educational needs of each student within my school community. I will always act in what I believe are the best interests of the students under my care.
- I will practice my profession with conscience and dignity. The well-being of the students and staff at my school will be my first consideration.
- I will give to those from whom I have learnt the respect and gratitude which is their due. I will share such knowledge and expertise as is mine with colleagues and those who are to follow me.
- I will respect the hard-won educational gains of those educators in whose steps I follow.
- I will remember that there is an art to teaching and leading as well as a science, and that warmth, empathy, ethical decision making and understanding remain central to my work.
- I accept as an obligation the continual improvement of my professional knowledge and capability.
- I affirm to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this pledge.