Membership Application for Principals outside NSW
(Membership year is from 1st May to 30th April)
2019-2020 membership fees for interstate or international members – AUD154.
1. This membership application shall require formal acceptance by the Executive of Council.
2. By applying for Council membership you agree to abide by the Council’s constitution, procedures and guidelines and in particular
- Public comment by members of the Council who are authorised to do so must always enhance the quality and standing of Public Education, the NSW Public Education System and the professional standing of principals in the community.
- Principals who are members of the Council must not speak publicly in criticism of the NSWSPC or its policy positions, decisions, operation, management or administration. Issues of concern related to these things must be raised internally through the NSWSPC’s own channels and structures for communication, debate and policy making.
3. The Memorandum of Understanding between NSWSPC and NSW Department of Education does not apply to interstate and overseas members.
Newly appointed principals may calculate their payment for the current financial year on a monthly basis determined from their Entry on Duty date. (e.g. membership from February to April = 3/12 x A$150 = A$37.50).
Existing members must pay in full if renewing their yearly membership. i.e. AUD150.
Members of Council have access to a wide range of professional learning opportunities including:
- Council professional learning days
- Council annual conferences
- Council regional conferences and other regional professional learning activities organised through the Council
- Principals Australia Institute professional learning opportunities
- International Confederation of Principals’ conventions
- other conferences and professional learning activities with which the Council is associated
- NSW study trips, including visits to NSW schools
- forums for professional discussion and debate
- Council newsletters, bulletins and other publications
- the members’ area of the Council website.